Many of us can relate to the hassles bought by slow Wi-Fi and have always wished for better speed or connectivity. The new Wi-Fi 6 and 5G cellular network service lets you say goodbye to buffering videos and poor video calls. Both technologies share features designed to improve user experience and avoid latency.
Wi-Fi 6 is the latest version of Wi-Fi and it supports four times higher bandwidth as compared to Wi-Fi 5. It is designed to improve efficiency and speed and reduce congestion during heavy bandwidth usage. More than speed, it focuses on providing better performance in congested areas. If you have smart home devices or a lot of gadgets at home that require Wi-Fi, then the Wi-fi 6 router is perfect for you.
- Extremely fast Wi-Fi: Up to 10 Gbps, you can now enjoy smooth 4K and 8k video streaming. It is 30% more faster than Wi-Fi 5.
- Greater capacity for more devices: Enjoy house parties with a network built to support all your guests and their devices. The main aim of Wi-Fi 6 is providing great connectivity even when many devices are in use.
- Reduced Wi-Fi conflicts: Interference from neighbours wireless networks can cause confusion with your wireless signal. However, with the help of technologies such as BSS (Base Service Station) Coloring, the Wi-fi 6 router provides users with great performance even in co-channel interference areas.
- Less device battery drain when connected: Target Wake Time (TWT) allows devices to decide when and how often they will wake up and begin to send or receive data. This increases device sleep time which in turn improves battery life of mobile and smart home devices.
Wireless 5G cellular Network
5G network is the next generation of mobile internet connectivity. It is expected to launch across the world in 2020. However, in India it will be launched by 2021 or 2022. The main aim of the 5G network is to provide faster and reliable connections on mobile devices. 1 GBps is the expected average download speed.
- High speed remote network: The most obvious benefit of the 5G network is higher data speed. Users will be able to download content more quickly. 5G is expected to deliver 80-100 Mbps. You can enjoy home broadband-like speed no matter where you are.
- Low latency: Smooth streaming of online content, faster upload and download speed, higher quality voice and video calls and more.Users will experience less lag while requesting data from the network.
- Increased capacity: 5G aims at providing consistent and uninterrupted connectivity across the world.
Should you opt for Wi-Fi 6 and 5G cellular network?
Probably not! To enjoy the benefits of faster speed, reduced power consumption, improved connectivity and more, you’ll have to use Wi-Fi 6 enabled devices. Wi-Fi generations rely on new hardware. Upgrading to Wi-Fi 6 enabled devices can be costly. Currently not many devices support Wi-Fi 6 but many are starting to roll out like the OnePlus 7 pro and Samsung Galaxy S10.
Similarly, 5G can be supported only by certain devices and the choice is further limited by country and carrier. A number of 5G phones are now available however upgrading phones just for 5G doesn’t seem like a wise idea. It is known that 5G network offers only a minor improvement in speed as compared to 4G network.