In a Dedicated Home Theater room, speaker placement is important. The placement of speakers in relation to the seating location is one of the most crucial factors in ensuring this room would get a good sense of envelopment and seat to seat consistency. Also that no one speaker was too close to the listener so that he may be able to localize that speaker and his listening experience would be out of sync compared to other listeners in the room. With enough height in the ceilings we were able to effectively plan for In-Ceiling Speakers and treat the ceiling and flooring to reduce distortion and reverberation. For a dedicated cinema experience a Projector and Screen is a must. We were able to use the entire front wall for a perforated projector screen to easily conceal our In-Wall Speakers.
This Cinema Room was going to be Totally Automated. From the AV Equipment, lighting including Fiber Optic Lighting, to the Air Conditioners and Streaming Audio and Video. The customer wanted everything to be on one touch in the palm of his hand. We ran our wiring accordingly for Wireless Lighting switches by Control4 at the entrance of the room along with a 6 Button keypad for lighting scene options. We used a Control4 HC-250 as the main controller since only this room was to be automated and ran the necessary cabling to the Projector, AV Equipment and Air Conditioner for complete control.
From the outset of this project the customer informed us this room was going to be used to watch movies almost every night and for training sessions and presentations. We wanted to provide him with the latest technology to ensure he could easily stream media from the internet and access his whole digital library of audio tracks and movies. Another MUST for our customer was providing coaching sessions and presentations for his clients in his own personal space such as the Cinema Room. We integrated a 4 channel mixer with Wireless Microphones and connected the Apple TV’s analogue outputs to the mixer.
The BIC America In-Wall and In-Ceiling delivered as promised and were well driven by the Pioneer AVR. The automation made the room so much easier to use with the lights programmed to dim over 5 seconds once the projector comes on, and programmed to raise up again over 5 seconds once the projector is turned off. Our customer was thrilled with Dedicated Home Theater room and felt it completely exceeded his expectations of his a Home Cinema Room would sound. The Home Automation and Lighting Control made everything very easy to operate from the customer’s Tablet, Smart Phone, or the Universal Remote Control.
- Projector: Sony VPL-HW40ES Full HD 1080P 3D Projector
- Screen: Crystal Screens 120 inch Diagonal Perforated Projection Screen
- Media Player: Apple TV
- Universal Remote Control: Control4 SR-260
- Lighting Switches: Control4 C4-KC240-WH
- Network Switch: Netgear GS108NA
- Front Speakers: BIC America M-PRO6W In-Wall Bookshelf Speakersb 150-watt 2-way 6 1/2″ in-walls with pivoting titanium tweeters
- Center Speaker: BIC America M-PRO6W In-Wall Bookshelf Speakers 150-watt 2-way 6 1/2″ In-Walls with pivoting titanium tweeters
- Rear Surround Speakers: BIC America MSR-PRO6 125-watt 2-way in-ceiling speakers with pivoting titanium tweeters
- Blu-Ray Player: Microsoft XBOX One
- Subwoofer: BIC America F12 Front-firing 12″ 475-watt peak powered subwoofer
- Projector Mounts: Peerless PRG-UNV Universal Projector Mount
- Home Automation Controller: Control4 HC-250
- A/C Control: Card Access Z2IR
- WiFi Access Pointn: Engenius ECB350
- AV Receiver: Pioneer VSX-924-K 7.2 Channel Network Home Theater AV Receiver
- Surround Speakers: BIC America MSR-PRO6 125-watt 2-way in-ceiling speakers with pivoting titanium tweeters
- HDMI Cables: Tributaries Cables UHD-015 1.5 Meter Ultra HD HDMI CablesSU for all sources and Tributaries UHD-030 3 Meter HDMI for AV Receiver to Television
- Subwoofer Interconnect: Tributaries Cables 2S-015 1.5 Meter Series 2 Subwoofer Cable