A new South Mumbai restaurant decided to add Smart Lighting, Security and WiFi. Most Restaurants and Hospitality Spaces use lighting as a key attraction to envelop their patrons in the ambiance of the space. When the owners of this up and coming Italian Restaurant located in the heart of South Mumbai approached Avenue Sound to ensure setting mood lighting was not going to add another chore to their to do list when prepping the restaurant. We had just the solution for them. Let’s take a deeper look into the components which were integrated to make this Restaurant Smart.
- Smart Lighting
- Smart Security
- Networking and WiFi
The goal was really simple. To enable a single push of a button through a keypad or smart phone to trigger the lights to the perfect mood for that specific time in the restaurant. But what if we did not even have to press that button? What if your smart automation system can schedule lights to go on to a particular scene automatically depending on the time of day?
- The Control4 CA-1 was integrated as the main automation controller. It allowed the owners of this fabulous establishment to create their own lighting scenes. They can also schedule them based on seating timings and arrangements all through their Tablet or Smart Phone.
- The Control4 8 Channel Dimmer Module allowed up to 8 circuits of lights to connect directly. They can be set to any percentage through the Smart Phone or Tablet. It even managed to dim the tube lights quite to the amazement of our clients!
- The Control4 6 Button Keypad can be customized by finish and color. It blends in nicely in any setting. It also provides a manual control of lights in case someone wanted to tap a button to change the scene. Based on our client’s needs we customized the keypad to have only 3 buttons. When these buttons were pressed, 3 major lighting scenes would get activated.
Security has become essential now for most public spaces. They provide the owners with the ability to monitor the establishment even while they may be away and provide an extra layer of safety to the establishment. Our clients wanted high resolution IP cameras which would work in low light settings and provide a constant surveillance even after business hours to ensure the space is protected and there is a sense of vigilance.
- HikVision 4MP IP Cameras were installed throughout the inside of the restaurant. Cameras were also installed outdoors with 24/7 Continuous Recording to a Hikvision 8 Channel NVR.
Networking and WiFi
Restaurants and Hospitality Spaces are extremely dependent on scalable high-speed networks because of Billing and POS software which is essential for orders to be processed and the establishment to continue to operate seamlessly. A stable and robust network is also essential to ensure the Automation System continuous to perform without delays or hiccups.
- Reliance Jio was chosen as the Internet Service Provider. Their router was configured with an Ubiquiti US-24-250W 24 Port POE Switch to easily power the IP Cameras and WiFI Access Points without external power supplies.
- A single Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Lite was strategically placed at a height and is able to give full WiFi coverage throughout the restaurant. It consists of both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies to ensure optimal speed and throughput throughout the space.
The owners and staff at the restaurant have been thrilled with how easily they are able to set the mood to welcome their patrons. Everything happens automatically and seamlessly so they can continue with the more important facets of running their restaurant. Customized solutions for customized spaces are crucial to ensuring a project’s success. Smart Lighting, Security and WiFi were seamlessly integrated in this project. We find every space to be different and using the myriad of solutions available to us these days we can create the perfect solution to be the exact fit the client is actually looking for and will regularly use.
- Home Automation Controller: Control4 CA-1
- Lighting Control Module: Control4 C4-DIN-8DIM
- Automation Keypad: Control4 C4-KC240-BL
- Network Video Recorder: Hikvision DS-7608NI-E1
- Indoor IP Cameras: Hikvsision DS-2CD2142FWD-IS
- Outdoor IP Cameras: Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I
- Network Switch: Ubiquiti US-24-250W
- Wireless Access Point: Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Lite