On first look at the space our customer wanted to convert into a dedicated Home Theater Room we were delighted to see the dimensions were perfect for a home theater space. The room had a large width which would give us two rows of comfortable seating and a 45 to 60 degree listening angle from our front speakers for every seat in the house. This was to be the main viewing area for television and movie watching for the entire residence. Our clients wanted this dedicated cinema space to be there primary entertainment zone.
Sporting Events and Movies would primarily be watched in this area and we knew a Television would not give the screen size required to give the complete Audio Visual experience. Our clients informed us that they don’t want many 3D movies so we focused our efforts on giving them the best Full HD projector for their cinema space. Taking into consideration the room size, we felt that the on-wall speaker setup by James Loudspeaker combined with two of the James Loudspeaker subwoofers would provide the most audiophile grade cinematic experience for this space.
A room of this caliber would certainly not be complete without adding automation solutions to enhance and simplify the experience. Our customer wanted to focus on complete automation of their Audio/Video Equipment as well as lighting for the room. Our top choice for providing automation solutions to any of the residential or commercial integrations we integrate are with Control4, and we chose a Control4 Automation Solution for this project as well.
Network and Media Streaming
Media streaming needed to be flawless with the high res music and movie collection the client wanted to be able to stream. We stuck with one of the most reliable brands we know for solid network throughput, Engenius. For LAN distribution we installed three Netgear GS108PE 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch with 4 Port POE. A media player had to be added along with the Oppo Blu-Ray Player and Cable Box sources already integrated into this system. Our favorite media player by far is the Apple TV with its multitude of apps and easy airplay solutions.
This system was the best dedicated home theater room we had designed up till now. The James Loudspeaker 630OW are some of the most expressive and detailed speakers we have listened to till date. At their price point they can make even the most learned audiophile have a second listen. Our client was thrilled with the cinematic experience and till date uses his room almost every day for all his entertainment experiences.
- Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5
- Pre-Amplifier: Marants SR5009
- Subwoofers: James Loudspeaker EMB12
- Projector: Panasonic PT-AR100U
- WiFi Access Point: Engenius ECB350
- Media Player: Apple TV 3rd Generation
- Speaker Cable: Tributaries 12 AWG Speaker Wire
- HDMI Cables: Tributaries UHDP-010B
- Digital to Analog Converter: FiiO D3 Digital to Analog Converter
- Front LCR Speakers: James Loudspeaker 630OW
- Side Surround Speaker: James Loudspeaker 630OW
- Rear Surround Speakers: James Loudspeaker 630OW
- Home Automation Controller: Control4 HC-250
- Universal Remote Control: Control4 SR-260
- Stereo Analog Cables: Tributaries 4A-010B
- Optical Cable: Tributaries 2AO-010B
- RCA to XLR Cables: Emotiva RCA to XLR 3 Meter Cable
- Network Switch: Netgear GS108PE 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- Projection Screen: Da-Lite 70319V Cinema Contour 137” Diagonal Motorized Projection Screen