Most homes which go under renovation budget for some sort of Audio/Video upgrades or perhaps even Home Automation. The smart home has certainly become more of the norm now. Our clients for this Byculla, Mumbai apartment were no exception. They planned to renovate their entire apartment and wanted to future proof themselves for atleast the next 10 years, taking advantage of everything modern technology can offer them to make their home safer, more efficient and more entertaining.
- Voice Activated Control of Audio/Video, Lighting, Fans, and Motorized Window Shadings
- 5.1 surround sound for the Media/Living Space with a 2nd Zone of Audio for the Master Bedroom
- Smart Security and Surveillance for the Main Entry, Living and Dining Rooms
- Automation of Lighting, Fans, Security, HVAC and Audio/Video for the Living and Master Bedrooms.
- Fast and Efficient WiFi and Networking Solution to allow for Streaming Audio, Media Streaming and Robust Internet Connectivity
- Large projection system which allowed sporting events, movies and kids entertainment to be displayed on the largest viewing surface which fit the space in the main living room of this residence
Having young children in the family, one of the foremost goals for this residence was going to be a large projection screen which allowed sporting events, movies and kids entertainment to be displayed on the largest viewing surface which fit the space in the main living room of this residence. Once the screen location was finalized, projector placement and speaker placement created its own set of challenges
- James Loudspeaker 42SA-4 In-Ceiling Small Aperture Series Speakers in the Master Bedroom connected to the 2nd Zone of the Marantz Amplifier .
- Sources such as the Apple TV 4K, Playstation 4, and Tata Sky Cable Box were able to be played in either the main zone Projection System in the Living Room or the 2nd Zone Television in the Master Bedroom.
- Screen Innovations Solo Pro 120 Inch Diagonal with Slate .8 Fabric was perfectly concealed inside the ceiling to drop down only when the Home Cinema and Projector was active.
- The Epson EH-TW8300 Projector was attached to the Draper Orbiter Projector Lift to easily conceal the projector inside the ceiling when the projection experience was not active. When the room needed to be transformed to watch a movie, sporting event or play video games, the Draper Orbiter conveniently reveals the Epson Projector by orbiting it into place from its hidden position in the ceiling.
- 5.1 Concealed In-Wall Surround Sound System with James Loudspeaker 63SA-4, James Loudspeaker 42SA-4 and James Loudspeaker 101SA-6 Small Aperture Series Speakers and Subwoofer. All powered by the Marantz SR6013 AV Receiver
Our client wanted their new home to be smart and ready for any future technologies which could be on the horizon. Control4 was our brand of choice because it allows us to easily integrate the Audio/Video, HVAC, Lighting and Fans, and Security into one application.
- Control4 EA-3 Main System Controller functions as the brain of the entire automation hierarchy and allowed smart control of the Lighting, Audio/Video, Motorized Window Shadings, HVAC System and Smart Security.
- Control4 Panelized Lighting Modules for the backend of the Lighting System with Control4 6 Button Wireless Keypads for the user interface to easily set lighting scenes, raise and lower fan speeds, and also enable or turn off the AV System.
- Google Home was combined with Chowmain’s IFTTT Driver to allow native speech commands to easily trigger any automation features such as setting lighting scenes, turning on the A/C, and even shutting off the entire residence when leaving.
- Fan Control was easily achieved using the Matterlink Multi-X RF Gateway and IPurey Fan Speed Controllers. Our clients were able to set fan speeds to Low, Medium or High through their smartphone app, Control4 6 Button Keypad or through Google Home.
Networking and Media Streaming
A strong network is crucial to any integration, especially one with 4K Native Streaming Content, high resolution security cameras and the emergence of AI and AR. We always use Ubiquiti Networks in our installations to ensure we receive the highest data transfer rates and most stable solutions.
- Ubiquiti ES-24-250W POE Switch with the Ubiquiti ER-X Router and Ubiquiti UAP-AC-NANO-HD combined to fast one of the fastest gigabit ethernet networks we had installed till date.
- The Ubiquiti NANO HD WiFI Access Points could passthrough bandwith at 1300 mbps speeds using the Wireless AC Technology and two access points combined to provide superior connectivity throughout every part of the residence without any deadspots.
One of the rising trends which seem to be a part of any new integration we do is Home Security. Our clients for this project were certainly no exception. They were very interested in cameras which were inconspicuous and did not stand out so someone does not get that eerie feeling that they are being watched all the time. They also wanted security for their front door entrance to know who is entering and leaving.
- Ubiquiti Micro G3 IP Cameras which are only the size of golf balls were integrated into the Living Room and Dining Rooms. Viewable from the Home Owners Smart Phones and recording all surveillance to a Synology DS218+ NAS, these amazing cameras record video at full 1080p 30 fps.
- A Doorbird Smart Video Door Phone was integrated at the main entry to allow our clients to communicate with whoever rings the doorbell from their smartphones. The doorbird also provides the convenient functionality of letting you see who has recently rung your doorbell or even screen shots of any motion which has taken place outside the door.
- A Yale Smart Door Lock was integrated to allow Biometric or Keycode access for any Home Member and even staff who may need to enter. This allows keys to be left at home and an easy entry system for all users.
Security and Automation work seamlessly together with the help of the high speed network and the client has been future proofed to easily integrate future solutions. The Audio experience impresses anyone who hears it thanks to the natural and superior performance capabilities of the James Loudspeaker Small Aperture series. The Epson Projector in tandem with the Screen Innovations Solo Pro Projection Screen are an ideal fit for the space, and are able to deliver a reference quality image after being orbited into place from a twenty four foot distance from each other, no matter the lighting conditions.
- Home Automation Controller: Control4 C4-EA3
- Home Automation Universal Remote Control: Control4 C4-SR260
- Home Automation Keypads: Control4 C4-KC24-WH
- Home Automation Lighting Control: Control4 C4-DIN-8TV-E
- Relay Control: KMTronic 8 Channel IP Relay Board
- Home Theater Amplifier: Marantz SR6013
- Blu-Ray Player: Sony Playstation 4
- Video Doorstation: Doorbird D101
- IP Cameras: Ubiquiti Networks G3 Micro
- Network Switch: Ubiquiti Networks US-24
- Network Router: Ubiquiti Networks ER-X-SFP
- Network Access Point: Ubiquiti Networks UAP-AC-NANOHD
- Media Player: Apple TV 4 th Generation
- Home Theater Speakers: James Loudspeaker 63SA-4, James Loudspeaker 42SA-4 and James Loudspeaker 101SA-6