Need the ultimate Home Theater experience? You should invest in a Projector and a projection screen. Projectors are usually used for movies and occasional sports. They let you enjoy images measuring around 10 feet or even more and are certainly much larger than the biggest TV’s available yet light weight and compact to be considered portable. Unlike flat panel TV’s, there’s no glass involved hence no reflection or glare from the screen.
Popular Projectors these days have a resolution of 1080p HD, 4K Ultra HD and with 3D capability. Avenue Sound recommends at least full HD 1080p (1920×1080 pixels) or how about Ultra hd 4k projector with 4096 x 2160 resolution? That’s over 4 times the detail of full HD.
Most projectors don’t produce sound hence to watch a movie, one must connect the player’s video output to the projector and A/V receiver for audio. They don’t include a built-in TV tuner however you can connect your Blu-ray player, cable TV, satellite receiver, media streamer or even your video game console.
Room lighting and your viewing habits are going to be the deciding factor for whether or not you need a projector. Keep the lights to minimal to enjoy it to the fullest. Projectors lamp life is around 4000-10000 hours and it gradually starts to lose brightness and need to be replaced with a new lamp to work as before.
Few tips to go through before shortlisting your Projector–
1. Simplest option to set up a projector is on a table or any flat surface.
2. If the projector is going to be close to you when in use, ensure to go with a model with quite cooling fan.
3. You can also ceiling mount the projector to keep it out of reach from children.
4. The distance between the projector and your screen depends on how large an image you want to project hence the further you position your projector, bigger the image will be.
5. Leave plenty of space around the projector to ensure proper ventilation since the high-output lamps generate a lot of heat.
6. Projector over 1500 Lumens with a contrast ratio of 500:1 is typically going to work well in most settings.
We at Avenue Sound not only install Projectors but do it as per client’s requirement for instance we have hidden projectors in the ceiling, have made projector lift, have placed it on bookcase or shelf in the back of the room. If you need any suggestion or want to reach out to us for some advice feel free to contact us.