12″ 370W Sealed Audiophile Servo Subwoofer
Rythmik Audio F12G 12″ Sealed Audiophile Servo Subwoofer
The subwoofer for audiophiles
For audiophiles looking for uncompromising accuracy, Rythmik Audio F12G 12 inch Sealed Audiophile Servo Subwoofer is the ultimate choice. It features our Direct Servo technology to ensure accuracy and definition. As an audiophile you appreciate that bass is the foundation of a satisfying music or home theatre experience. You also appreciate that there is more to a home theater subwoofer than shaking the room, and that music can be far more satisfying with a subwoofer that can play deep.
What makes our subwoofers suitable for audiophiles? It’s not that they can plumb the depths with authority. There are already many subwoofers on the market which can do that. The difference is that they reproduce bass with a level of realism that is normally only associated with much more expensive high end full range loudspeakers.
What is the difference between F12 and F12G? : The main difference is the paper-based GR research driver.
Direct Servo Technology
You may have heard about other servo subwoofers which are generally well regarded for their accuracy. It is a well established technology, most often based around an accelerometer which measures cone movement. Our Direct Servo technology has significant advantages over other servo technologies. We use a sensing servo coil which acts like a microphone which compares the original signal to what the subwoofer is actually reproducing. The signal is then corrected instantly to compensate for any differences. Once you understand the concept, you may wonder like we do why anyone would make a subwoofer any other way.
All our subwoofers use our patented Direct Servo technology. The most significant benefit is that it provides high end performance at an affordable price. Conventional subwoofers require heavy drivers in order to achieve deep bass extension. Direct Servo allows the use of a lighter driver which is more efficient so that a very high powered amplifier is not necessary. At the same time, Direct Servo reduces detrimental memory effects which detracts from the realism of reproduction.
Some of the benefits of Direct Servo include:
- Reduction of the effects of thermal compression are eliminated under normal operation
- Higher efficiency allowing output which would normally require a more powerful amplifier
- Deep bass extension can be achieved using a low mass driver with superior transient response
- Mechanical and thermal memory effects are reduced, further improving transient response
- The effective Q value is 0.3 resulting in much tighter and accurate bass than conventional designs
- Dramatic reduction of the re-radiation of bass from inside the box
Many audiophiles aren’t aware of all of these issues, but we believe they are critical to the design of an accurate subwoofer. While it’s not necessary to understand them to enjoy accurate bass, for those who wish to understand how we do it, we have articles to describe our unique approach.
Better value through intelligent design
Many of our customers marvel that we are able to produce such exceptional subwoofers at such a low price. One Direct Servo technology makes it possible, allowing us to get the most out of a 12″ driver without the need for kilowatts of power. Don’t be fooled into thinking that other more expensive subwoofers with much more powerful amplifiers will offer more output. The output of a subwoofer is determined by how much air the driver can displace, not the power rating of the amplifier. We could supply a more powerful amplifier, but there would be no increase in output, only extra cost.
Rythmik Audio F12G 12″ Powered Subwoofer
- Patented Direct Servo technology
- GR Research 12″ paper high excursion driver
- Solid and very inert enclosure available in a range of finishing options
- Bass extension controls allowing adjustment of bass extension and excursion control
- Selectable 12/24 db/octave crossover filter slope
- Balanced XLR connections for professional use (XLR version option)
- Parametric EQ
Direct Servo technology
All our subwoofers feature our Direct Servo technology, which is our secret to achieving tight and accurate bass. The benefits are far more than simply achieving low distortion.
GR Research 12″ paper high excursion driver
Driver features include:
- Light weight paper cone with foam surround for superior dynamics
- Low moving mass to ensure an exceptional transient response
- High flux density in the gap to ensure low distortion
- Extended upper bandwidth response allowing a higher crossover point than most
- Driver : 12″ high excursion with custom sensing coil
- Driver materials : Treated paper with foam surround,Cast aluminum basket
- Amplifier : 370w RMS class A/B patented servo controlled
- Dimensions : 15-3/4″(W) x 15-3/4″ (H )x 17″(D) – (18-1/2″ D with grille)
- Frequency Response : 14 – 100 Hz (-2 dB @ 14 Hz)
- Crossover slope : Selectable 12 or 24 dB / octave (PEQ and XLR versions)
- Crossover range (Low pass) : 25 – 120 Hz
- Rumble Filter (High pass ) : 20Hz 18 dB / octave
- Phase response : 90 degrees phase shift at 20 Hz
- Phase adjustment : 0 – 180 degrees continuously variable
- Bass extension settings : high (Q=0.5), med (Q=0.7), and low (Q=1.1)
- Finishes : Available in black matte vinyl or black oak vinyl
0, 1, 3
370w RMS Class A/B Patented Servo Controlled
0, 1, 5
|Woofer Size (inches)|