15″ Compact High Power Subwoofer
Rythmik Audio E15 15 inch Compact High Power Subwoofer (Black Oak Grain)
- Patented Direct Servo technology
- 15″ silver anodized aluminum high excursion driver
- 600w high power H600PEQ amplifier
- Solid and very inert enclosure
- Bass extension controls allowing adjustment of bass extension and excursion control
- Balanced XLR inp
Direct Servo Technology
All our home theater subwoofers feature our Direct Servo technology, which is our secret to achieving tight and accurate bass. The benefits are far more than simply achieving low distortion.
DS1510 Driver features include:
- 3″ voice coil for high thermal power handling and low thermal compression
- Rigid black anodized aluminum cone ensuring control at high SPL
- Low moving mass to ensure an exceptional transient response
- High flux density in the gap to ensure low distortion
- Flux modulation shorting rings to lower inductance and improve linearity
Compared to our standard range of drivers, our DS1510 has a 3″ voice coil which has a high thermal power handling and features lower power compression. While designed primarily for their sound quality, these custom designed drivers are also stylish in appearance with a anodized aluminum cone and rubber surround. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to judge the accuracy of a driver by observing its appearance. There are other drivers on the market which in fact look quite similar, and it’s tempting to think that they are comparable. Many of them are inferior in performance due to a heavy moving mass, the absence of shorting rings, wider gaps around the voice coil and high inductance which limits the useable high frequency cut off point. Many aren’t suitable for a crossover point higher than 50 Hz. This is very limiting when one considers the large number of home theatre speakers which perform better when relieved of bass duties.
Our enclosures are very solid and well braced to minimize any cabinet resonances or coloration. The baffle into which the driver is mounted is double thickness.
All of our subwoofers feature unique bass extension controls which are not normally provided on subwoofers. This enables the user to customize the output and extension to achieve the best compromise in any room. Most subwoofers neglect to provide bass extension control, and the result is that dynamic headroom is compromised.
- Driver: DS1510 15″ high excursion with custom sensing coil
- Driver Materials: Black anodized aluminum with rubber surround
- Amplifier: 600 RMS class H patented servo controlled
- Crossover Slope: Selectable 12 or 24 dB / octave (PEQ and XLR versions)
- Crossover Range (Low pass): 25 – 100 Hz
- Rumble Filter (High Pass ): 20 Hz 18 dB / octave
- Phase Response: 90 degrees phase shift at 20 Hz (measuring mic has 18 degrees shift)
- Phase Adjustment: 0 – 180 degrees continuously variable
- Bass Damping Factor Settings: high (Q=0.5), med (Q=0.7), and low (Q=1.1)
14 – 200 Hz (-2 dB @ 14 Hz) with LFE inputs in A370PEQ3/XLR2/XLR3