What if you have already renovated your home, but now want to make it smart? Are thereany solutions for this? We faced this very challenge in this two bedroom Colaba apartment.Our clients wanted to reduce the clutter and combine all their Audio/Video solutions on asingle remote control, and stream music to different rooms in their house through their smartphones. They also felt like carrying keys was a thing of the past with the new smart locksolutions populating the market and hoped to integrate an easy solution which would allowthemselves and any staff to access the house with ease.
- Two Channel Amplification
- Multi-Zone Amplification
- Universal Remote Control
- Voice Activated Automation
- Smart Lock for Security
- Easy streaming of Music to Any Zone
- Tower Speakers for Main Living Room
- In-Ceiling Speakers for 4 Zones throughout Residence
This nuclear family spent most of their day at work or school, but when home really wantedto take advantage of their space. Listening to music, streaming Netflix and HBO,and watching movies are a big part of their leisure time.
- Control4 EA-3 Home Automation controller integrated with their entertainment system to ensure one remote set the TV to the right input, controlled their Amazon Fire TV, DVD Player or Gaming Console, and also controlled their amplification.
- Two NHT Tower speakers were set up in the main living room for high-fidelity 2-Channel Stereo sound from anything which played through the television. These speakers are powered by the ultra-compact Audiocontrol Rialto 600.
- The Audiocontrol M4840 4-Zone Amplifier is also powering in-ceiling speakers In the Living Room, Kitchen, Son’s Room and Master Bedroom so that the family can take their music with them whichever room they are hanging out in. Through the Control4 EA-3, they can stream Spotify, Tidal, Tune-In Radio or Airplay their own playlists. The best part if multiple users can be listening to different music at the same time at different volumes in different parts of the house.
To retrofit Home Automation into existing home has become much easier with brands like Control4.You can now easily integrate Split Air Conditioners, add Smart Security such as Door Locks,andretrofit Smart Lighting and Audio/Video solutions throughout the residence. When we showedour clients the possibilities of everything that could be automated in their home,they couldn’tget over the fact that they would no longer have to carry keys with their new smart lock!
- Control4 EA-3 Main System Controller functions as the brain of the entire automation hierarchy and allowed smart control of the Audio/Video, HVAC System and Smart Security
- Control4 Z2IO wireless Zigbee modules were integrated with each Split Air Conditioning Unit to wireless transmit IR codes from the Automation Controller to the Air Conditioning unit without having to run any wiring. This allows the home owners to control the their A/C’s from their Smart Phones no matter where they are in the world.
- Amazon Alexa and more recently Google Home were combined with Chowmain’s IFTTT driver to natively launch apps in the Amazon Fire TV such as Netflix, HBO, Sling and more. All through just a simple voice command the entire entertainment experience can be easily controlled.
- Yale Touchscreen Deadbolt integrated with a wireless Zigbee module to communicate with the automation system. User codes are assigned to the master user and to other members of the household. Each user can have a scheduled attached to their code. For example, the cook or the cleaning person’s code will only work from 10 am to 2 pm Monday through Saturday. Also the family gets push alerts and email alerts on their phone whenever a user enters their code or the door is locked. This makes security a breeze to know when someone is entering the home. Codes can be easily added or deleted through the Control4 app incase a user leaves or someone is staying with the family for a short period of time. Also the lock is battery operated which ensures it will continue to operate even through power outages.
Networking and WiFi
A super fast and stable wifi network was one of the most important requests by our clients.They have cut the cord and no longer watch cable television. Everything is streamed through online apps, making good fast connectivity a must. With a combination of internet connectivityby Reliance Jio and hardware by Ubiquiti, they have faced 99% uptime till date.
- The Ubiquiti ER-X router proves as the backbone for the entire networking providing gigabit switching and routing in a single device. There are not many hardwired connections throughout the residence, so only four ports were adequate to complete the network infrastructure.
- The Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Pro was a true game changer for this residence because a single access point placed in the corner of one room covered the entire 1000 sq ft residence with blazing fast speeds. A mix of 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bandwidths allow the family to stream their favorite shows and movies without buffering and watch on any of their smart phones or tablets no matter where they are in the residence, including the bathrooms!
Just incase you thought you could not make your home smart because you did not run the necessary cables or wiring, think again! This residence proves you can enjoy the benefits of a smart home andstill use wireless technology with a good Home Automation system and a strong network to enjoythe same benefits which wired smart home products provide. The family has been thrilled withupgrades and are hoping to add new devices in the near future by automating their lights andfans and adding a Doorbird Smart Video Door Phone.